Research Ethics Board
The University of Prince Edward Island follows the national standards outlined by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, and Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TSPS 2), December 2010.
Additional Guidance is provided by:
- Tri-Council Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the Roles and Responsibilities in the Management of Federal Grants and Awards - Agreement on the Administration of Agency Grants and Awards by Research Institutions
- University of Prince Edward Island Research Ethics Board Policy and Procedures
- Responsible Conduct of Research, Scholarly and Creative Work Policy
All researchers completing research involving human participants will now be required to complete the on-line TCPS2 Tutorial and to submit a copy of their certificate with their submission to the Research Ethics Board. Researchers who do not submit their certificate will receive a conditional approval until they have completed the tutorial and submitted their certificate to Research Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Policies and Procedures
- Aboriginal Ethics Presentation
- Tri-Council Policy Statement 2 -- Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- Colman Liau index, Flesch Kincaid Grade Level, ARI (Automated Readability Index) for Consent Form