The Administrative Assistant will provide a wide variety of administrative support services to the Faculty of Education, with a particular focus on the Bachelor of Education (BEd programs). This is a fast-paced, multitasking environment with a high volume of “drop-in” reception duties, and the person in this position must be very friendly, adaptable, and flexible.
This position requires a person with the ability to handle a wide range of duties including:
• the preparation of a variety of correspondence
• maintenance of email distribution lists
• scheduling appointments and meetings
• handling confidential information in a responsible manner
• compiling faculty and course evaluations
• recording minutes of meetings
• tracking and recording informal office procedures/protocols
• maintaining student files and monitoring records and degree audits (for the various BEd programs)
• assisting with the preparation of the BEd timetable
• booking classrooms, assisting with various BEd committees
• liaising with the Registrar’s Office & Accounting
• processing internal and external requisitions
• providing guidance to BEd students
In addition, the successful candidate will provide administrative support to the BEd program including the Coordinator of Undergraduate Programs, BEd (Kindergarten) program development team, Practicum Coordinator, Admissions Coordinator, BEd HRD Coordinator, and the BEd general which includes Indigenous, International and French Education specializations, and to faculty and sessional instructors. S/He will also work in collaboration with the Administrative team in the Faculty of Education. Other related duties will be assigned as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
• Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post secondary program in a related area is required plus a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience, preferably in a University environment.
• Experience and use of microcomputers with various software programs such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, Excel, Access, Drupal, and Internet (must be able to search for information as required).
• The successful candidate must be able to work independently and take initiative where appropriate. S/He must possess excellent communication skills and be able to function as a member of a team in a busy academic department.
• Proficiency in French would be an asset.
• Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset.