The Healthy Campus Committee, in partnership with Athletics and Recreation, is pleased to announce the following initiatives for the campus community.
For all programs and information listed below, please contact Angela Marchbank by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call (902) 566-0606.
1. Karma Yoga - Tuesdays, 12:10 pm
The Karma Yoga class is held every Tuesday from 12:10–12:55 pm at UPEI Chaplaincy Centre.
This program provides a full body strength and flexibility workout which tones the body. Long stretches will melt away stress and create a feeling of deep relaxation. Please bring your own mat and/or towel and water.
Fee: Fee for each class is a donation to the UPEI food bank - $5 or food donation.
2. Tobacco Cessation Supports
UPEI has a number of tobacco cessation supports and programs available with a Quit Care Program in October 2017. Supports vary depending if you are a UPEI student or UPEI employee.
- UPEI students please contact: Treena Smith, Student Affairs Manager at email@example.com
- UPEI staff/faculty please contact Angela Marchbank, Fitness & Wellness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smokers Helpline: http://www.smokershelpline.ca or 1-877-513-5333
In accordance with the UPEI Tobacco-use policy, using tobacco products on University property is prohibited. The boundaries of University property are depicted in the following image:
3. Fitness and Wellness Week
Join us for Fitness and Wellness Week, November 18-23.
Details to be announced in September! Stay tuned!